Saturday 28 May 2016

Sails, spars, and guns

Back at work, so work has slowed at the dockyard. Two sets of sails and all their spars have been cut.
 I honestly don't know if I have cut all the right ones, and I'm not sure if the size is right, but it seems like I have enough to at least look... mostly good. The next step is deciding if I want to try and build a curve into them before assembling them on the masts, or if I just want to force a curve when I put them ON the masts. They're just heavy paper, and I think I probably want to reinforce them. Possibly white glue, possibly varnish, maybe even plasti-dip, if it comes in matte. *shrugs*

I realized I forgot a piece of the bowspirt, so I added that to both of them, and did an experiment with gunports. I'm not sure I like that, mostly because they're uneven, but I'm not sure I'd want to paint them on, so I'll probably stick with the cardboard, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment