Monday 7 March 2016

Truckin' 'cross the C-A-N...ada

Branching out from Hot Wheels, a little while ago I found some cheap toy cars the same scale. They are noticeably cheaper, but when you're going to ruin them in the name of the Wasteland anyway, who cares?

First up we had a Ford F-150 Raptor that I've turned into a survivalist's dream. Or nightmare. Initially all I wanted to do was have loads and loads of stuff in the bed, and maybe a rambar.

Things got out of hand.


They got out of hand very quickly.


How do you get in and out of this thing? The better question is why would you want out?

All made from sprue and random bits. There is a piece of clear plastic scored to look like mesh covering the front grille and the gap on the roof. Paint will bring that out. The white discolouration is from the CA glue. And from me spilling the CA glue. Kinda a neat effect, but I can't keep it. It needs painting. It also needed some attention to detail.


So I used greenstuff to smooth out the "welds" on all the joints in the rollcage. Now it just needs a nice day outside for some spraypaint.

I picked up two of these trucks, because the F-150 is the most popular vehicle in Canada (also in the US) so if you're stealing a car in post-collapse Canada, it will probably be a Ford truck, and I'd like my table to reflect that, a little.

Where we DO differ from the US is that after the F-150, when you look at most popular car instead of overall, in the US it's a Toyota (Corolla or Camry, don't remember off the top of my head), and here it's a Civic. I do have plans to one day put together a gang using Civics and F-150s, but Civics are harder to come by in Hot Wheels-scale. So for now, truck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment