Monday 4 July 2016

Developing Civily

Finally back at the ships. I've more-or-less decided not to paint Essence, the gunports are just too much of a mess, but Expeditious is going to be my painting guinea pig, probably tomorrow. In the meantime, I've started work rigging Essence.
And with that drying, I set myself polishing up Electryone's lines a little bit.
The bow still needs a little work, but I'm much happier with her overall shape.
After that, I wondered what I could make of the first, failed Electryone, and just started sanding and sanding until I had a pleasing shape.


Say hello to HM sloop Civil, late the French flute Civelle. As I said, I just sanded and sanded away, and then took the measurements, did the scale, and went looking for a real ship with matching measurements. I came across the French Dromadarie class transport. But, several of them did serve as warships, either as sloops or frigates. Initially armed with 20 French 6pdrs, the Royal Navy have rearmed her with 18 24pdr carronades.

Now, the shape is not exact, since I haven't found plans for the class yet. But it's close enough that with quarter galleries and maybe a little more work on her lines, I'm not too concerned.

The shipyard at the moment.
The line is starting to form.

No comments:

Post a Comment